The high degree of repeatability of a small number of operations means that any improvement in a logistics centre or buffer warehouse has a direct impact on results.
In reception, storage, order preparation or dispatch operations, it is important to make sure that operating instructions are clearly communicated to all workers. It may be necessary to report registrations, product reference codes, quantities, loading bays, preparation instructions, etc.
Information display needs are:
- high message visibility to guarantee minimal travel;
- constant integration with the warehouse's IT/ERP management system;
- capacity to display any message immediately;
- 24x7 availability;
- prioritisation of messages through special effects.
Displays to communicate information can be placed in the following areas:
- loading bays;
- order preparation areas;
Alphanumeric displays for logistics.
Lartet displays fulfil the strictest requirements of logistics environments. Their main features include:
- high visibility; digit height from 30 mm to 100 mm, thus guaranteeing perfect readability from up to 50 m;
- digits on 1 or 2 faces, making it possible to place a minimum number of displays with maximum efficacy;
- large information display capacity; screens of up to 8 lines with a maximum number of 26 characters on each;
- immediate integration with any IT system thanks to connection options to various different network protocols (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, RS-485, Profibus);
- chained messages with time and date variables and with defined variables; capacity to display special effects (negative colour, flashing);
- they can be located outdoors (IP54);
- they can store messages in the display's permanent memory (EEPROM), enabling an automatic system restore following a power cut.
One indispensable requirement in any logistics centre is meeting deadlines for operations. The clear and punctual reporting of the time is one factor that contributes to the accomplishment of the targets that are set.
The main characteristics of the Lartet clocks are:
- visibility from considerable distances; digits up to 250 mm high, with excellent visibility from up to 120 m;
- high brightness; automatic adaptation of character brightness depending on the amount of ambient light (automatic dimmer);
synchronization of clocks with a standard time:
- GPS – acquisition of time information from GPS satellite signals;
- SNTP – synchronization with an SNTP server, be it the corporate network or a public internet-based network;
- synchronization of clocks with one another; one clock sets or acquires the standard time and the other clocks are synchronized with it through the Ethernet or RS-485 connection;
- easy and user-friendly clock configuration and monitoring through a browser that can access the clock's web server.